Newport Assembly of God Childcare
The Newport Assembly of God Childcare is a state licensed childcare center located adjacent to the Newport High School. We offer a variety of programs for your children and accept childcare subsidy payments. 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
Our mission is to encourage the spiritual, emotional, social, physical and cognitive growth of each child in a loving Christian environment.
To present Christ by example and by teaching His ways to all children under our care, while providing a safe, secure and happy environment filled with love for the children, parents and coworkers
Two or more Christian adults from Newport Assembly and other area churches teach each class. They undergo yearly training in child development and health and safety and view their job as a ministry as well as employment. There are substitutes that meet the same standards when it is necessary for regular staff to be absent.
- “Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.” Proverbs 23:12
- Share the love of Jesus Christ daily
- Christian curriculum that teaches Bible stories, Bible application and Bible verse memorization
- Model Christian values to our school, church, and community
- Teach Godly values
- Love, Orderliness, Thankfulness, Giving, Sharing, Friendliness, Obedience, Forgiveness, Joy, Peace, Kindness
- Development of the whole child.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate and stimulating environment.
- Active exploration of the environment
- Balance between individual and group activities
- Regular and supportive interaction with teachers and peers
- Balance between active movement and quiet activities
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your strength.” Deuteronomy 6:4
- Understand who God is and that He desires a relationship with each of them
- Develop positive self-respect
- Discover nature and the world around them
- Develop an ability to think, question and reason
- Promote the understanding of culture and community
- Enhance fine and gross motor skills
- Encourage creative expressions and appreciation of the arts
From Rt. 322. If traveling East on Rt. 322, take the Newport exit and turn right at the Stop sign on Rt. 34. If traveling West on Rt. 322, take the Newport exit and turn left at the Stop sign on Rt. 34. Follow Rt. 34 into Newport until arriving at a four way stop intersection. Turn right on Fourth Street. Travel on Fourth Street three blocks. Turn left on Caroline Street. Continue on Caroline and turn left on to 6th street. The 6th Street location is on your right.
Newport Assembly of God Child Care is a Early Childhood program licensed by the PA Department of Human Services. Our teachers are qualified with all the necessary teaching experience and/or degrees. All staff have background checks which includes a Criminal Record Check, a Child Abuse Clearance, an FBI Clearance. They also have two written references, a current health assessment and have been trained in Pediatric First Aid and CPR. Newport Assembly of God Child Care is voluntarily enrolled in Pennsylvania’ early childhood quality improvement program called the Keystone STARS. To learn more about this program visit www.pakeys.org and choose the Quick Link “Keystone STARS.” Involving families in our program is a top priority. This helps build a partnership and helps children make the connection between home and the Center. NAGCC serves as an extension of your family and sharing ideas and genuine love for children is of the utmost importance. We encourage parents to visit and participate in school activities, and our open door policy allows parents to come and visit as often as they choose to, as long as your child is enrolled in the program.Learn More About Keystone Stars