About Newport Assembly
Newport Assembly is a casual, contemporary christian church meeting in Newport PA. We are committed to presenting Christ in a caring and compassionate way in our local community. In addition to our Sunday morning church services we offer Wednesday evening clubs for children, teens and a Bible study for adults.
Our Family Life Center is utilized for both church and community events. This facility is home to our Sunday Worship Service, Bread of Life Outreach Activities, The Dinner Table, Health Fairs, Senior Expos, as well as many other events.
Meet Our Leadership Team
To learn more about any of our staff members, click on their profile picture.
Our Core Church Values
- Full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal. Christ-followers should pursue and continually take steps towards intimacy with God.
- Prayer, the indwelling Holy Spirit, and clear Biblical teachings are the catalyst for ongoing life transformation.
- The family is the primary instrument for the spiritual formation of the individual.
- Our church must regularly meet both in large corporate gatherings and small group settings, to best facilitate the accomplishment of its mission.
- Our church must be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
- Our church must encourage and cultivate the building of loving relationships within the home and church family.
- Our church is a community of servant-volunteers discovering, developing and deploying our God-given gifts, talents and treasure to accomplish the work of God in their generation.
- Ministry is best accomplished in teams.
- Our church must be led by mature Christ-followers with leadership gifts who have embraced the mission, vision, and core values of the church.
- Excellence honors Christ and inspires people.
- Reaching lost people is important to God and therefore important to our church.
- Our church must express the compassion of Christ by addressing the needs of the poor, weak and downtrodden in our community and world.
- Our church must network with like-minded individuals, churches, businesses, and organizations to accomplish the work of God in our generation.
What We Believe
WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’